There are teams in the area looking for players. Or you could start your own!
Teams and Coaches Looking For and Accepting New Players
Coach/Program: Just Tennis
Season: Early Spring/Spring/Fall
Home Location: Miller Park- Exton and Downingtown West HS- Downingtown
Team Looking for Players: 12 and under and 14 and under Girls
Start your Own!!
Just like baseball, soccer and many other team sports, your child can compete on a travel tennis team every spring and fall! While it can be easier to play on somebody else’s team mostly hosted by a club or organization, that’s easier said than done because:
- They’re hard to find
- Existing teams are usually full
- Some clubs and organizations tend to focus more on in-house programs than compete in the league.
So why not start your own team! Here are 5 simple steps:
- Background Clearances. Get your clearances and get USTA Safe Play approved. As with every organization in PA that works with kids, we require the 3 background checks. USTA also requires you go through the Safeplay process at usta.com/safeplay
- Find players! These could come from current high school and middle school teammates or fellow players at a club that doesn’t have a team or too many players. Each team usually only needs 4 players to play a match, but it’s recommended you have at least 7. We have 4 divisions to compete in based on age.
- Reserve your facility. There are plenty of tennis facilities in the area that are available to rent. Most need Certificates of Insurance, which the USTA can provide.
- Register your team. You can find all that info at travel.phillyteamtennis.org.
- Organize play. Once the schedule comes out, you can schedule your players for matches and work with other coaches to get those matches going each day.