A Step by Step Guide to Getting Your Background Checks in for USTA Junior Team Tennis in Pennsylvania
There are 2 Background Check Processes that you have to get done to be and maintain to be a USTA Junior Team Tennis Coach. The first is through the USTA National SafePlay Process, and the second is required for all Pennsylvania residents working with kids in any form.
USTA National Safe Play Process
Currently all Coaches have to register with USTA at Net Generations at https://netgeneration.usta.com/ as a provider. Once they go through these clearance checks and trainings, then immediately go through the PA one below.
USTA Pennysylvania Safe Play Process
1. Get your Child Abuse History Clearances Here: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
2. Get your PA Criminal History Check Here:
3. Get your FBI Background Check with Finger Printing Here: https://www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania Please note that there are 2 parts to this- computer AND fingerprinting. You will have to register, and then go to a fingerprinting location to complete it.
4. Once you have all 3 documents and clearances, upload them to your computer via a scanner. DO NOT take a picture with your phone.
5. Go to this website: http://www.ncsisafe.com/Members/Reg?srb=66683360
6. Upload the documents one by one.
7. Once you have uploaded all documents, you should get an e-mail saying it’s complete. If they need additional information, they will let you know.